30′ Check Cord Dog Training Leash; 30-Foot Dog Check Cord / Lead for Obedience, Hunting Dog & Field Training
Check lead is especially designed for recall training involving skills such as sit, stay, come when called and retrieving. This kind of leash is widely used in hunting dog and bird dog training but is also suitable for general obedience training.
Note: This is not a rope for tying out a dog. Obviously any smart dog can chew through a fabric cord. It may possibly be used for dog walking in the great outdoors, but it is specifically designed for dog training. We recommend you don’t leave this out where you puppy can use it as a chew toy. There are cheaper chew toys out there.
Benefits to this lead style:
* Braided style avoids the issues with webbing style of joins between separate spools; no join issues with braided style
Braided style gives the strength of a bigger rope without the weight; entire lead including clasp weighs 11 ounces
* Soft surface cord, not rough, won’t scrape your hands
* Heavy duty brass colored snap
* Snap bolt has swivel to avoid twisted leash issues
* Handle is a sturdy 12 inch loop with velvet cloth sewn fashion. No metal parts to scratch you. Loop is specifically designed so you can stand on the loop so dog can’t see you “holding” the lead.
* Tangle resistant design, cord slips in a way to resist forming knots
* 30-foot length is not too long, not too short, just right
Dimensions: Snap bolt 3.25 inches long, bolt opening 3/8 inch, snap bolt weighs approx. 1.7 ounces; Lead length approx. 31 foot including handle, lead diameter 3/8 inch; lead & bolt together weigh 11 ounces
- Teach come on call, stay, sit, retrieve & other obedience skills
- 3/8″ braided black lead is both sturdy & lightweight; length 30 foot
- Especially suited for training gun dogs, bird dogs, hunting dogs, and other field dog skills
- Brass-colored snap bolt swivels to avoid twisted leash
- Loop style handle convenient for step on training